How do you apply for a Standpipe?

We have created a list of links for some of the Standpipe applications around Australia. Most water authorities will require you to lease or hire a standpipe from them. While the links below are for the water authorities that require you to buy your own metered standpipe.

Sydney Water

Sydney Water require you to apply for a permit prior to purchasing a Standpipe.

  • Metered Standpipes Only
  • Only 32mm and 25mm Outlets Allowed
  • Double Check Backflow is Required
  • Can only buy from approved suppliers
  • Online Application Only

Click apply now to be taken to Sydney Waters online application.

Apply Now

Greater Western Water

Greater Western Water require you to purchase the standpipe first, Then fill out your permit and submit your standpipe serial number. 

  • Metered and Unmetered Standpipes Allowed
  • RPZ Backflow or Registered Air Gap Required
  • 65mm MFB Outlets on Fixed Pillar Hydrants.
  • Mix of Spring Hydrants and Fixed Pillar hydrants.
Apply Now

South East Water

  • HydroTrak System in Use. ( GPS Based Logging on Truck )
  • Only use Dual head L type (pillar) Hydrants.
Apply Now

Ballina Water

Ballina Water require you to purchase your own Metered Standpipe with Backflow. 

  • Metered Standpipes Only
  • Must apply for a ID Tag for standpipe
  • Backflow Prevention Required
  • 65mm MFB Outlets
  • Recycled and Potable Standpipes allowed
  • Filling Stations Also available.
Apply Now